24 September, 2024

Good-Bye Kiwi

 


It took me almost a month to post this because I still struggle to think about it, but here goes...

After being a loyal and very much loved part of our family for over 12 years, Kiwi departed this earth on August 25. She had been reasonably healthy until the last week, when her energy started to fail. That day she lay down in the grass and did not get up again. I like to picture her like this, running like the wind through the bluebonnets up in heaven, chasing tennis balls or swimming after boat bumpers but never getting tired or sore, and finally, finally!, catching that darned squirrel in the backyard. 

Searching the blog for the keyword "Kiwi" like I just did to find this photo shows the lifetime of memories and love with which she leaves us, and we know she is waiting for us on the other side. We love you, Kiwi. 

2 comments:

Maren said...

I am very sorry to hear that. I'm sending you all lot's of strength your way!
Rest in peace Kiwi! You will forever have a special place in my heart and never be forgotten. I hope there will be lot's of balls thrown for you on the other side.

Eva said...

Thank you, Maren! Hope you are doing well. <3